Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2015

50 Nifty States- Piano Accompaniment

One thing I REALLY want to do is sing "50 Nifty United States" while someone accompanies me on the piano. On Youtube, there were 4 classes that sang that song and sang "Utah is the best", but none of which were while someone played the piano in the background. Bummer. Most of the states where they did so were in the Northeastern United States. And the only 4 Western states in the contiguous USA that did so were Washington, Oregon, California, and Arizona. I take piano lessons,but I forget to practice. Worse, my piano teacher is going to move to Pennsylvania, this summer. That's far away from here! But there's hope. One, I saw a video of an elementary school patriotic program that I can tell is from Utah because of the flag. They didn't sing 50 Nifty, but they DID sing with piano accompaniment. And two, my Uncle Gary can play the piano. Maybe he can accompany me on the piano. The 4th of July would be a PERFECT time to sing that! As a bonus, I could sing Wakko's state capitals song from Animaniacs in the same way! Well, I hope I'll do this before I outgrow my interest in states. Fingers crossed! Oh, and that video of me singing "50 Nifty United States" from earlier? That was just from a video of the song instrumental (shown below).

No comments:

Post a Comment