Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Autism Awareness Day and My life story

Guess what?! It's AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH!!!!!! My family is proud to have me around, but here's a story about my life. When I was about 2 or 3 years old, my parents were wondering what was going on with my attitude. I didn't like hearing motor noises such as the blender, the mixer, or the garbage disposal. I was also afraid of the vacuum (not for how it sounded, but for how it looked which affected how I THOUGHT it sounded), the statue at my grandparents' house, and overhead airplanes. My parents went to a psychiatrist and found the result: I have autism! My parents were worried that they wouldn't make any successful work in parenting.Years later, I went to school  in Tooele, Utah, for Kindergarten and 1st grade. When I started 2nd grade, I went to a new school in North Salt Lake. In 5th grade, I got expelled from that school for my attitude and went to another school in Tooele. I didn't like it there because they played kid songs and pushed kids against the wall with their butts as a timeout. One time, I got cut because of it. In January 2010, I moved on to a new school near the University of Utah. It was more fun. Then, in 6th grade, I moved back to the school I got expelled from, except it was in the High School building (It was for middle schoolers AND high schoolers). But when I hit puberty, my attitude got worse. I started destroying property, hurting people very seriously, and everything worse. My parents didn't know what to do, so they sent me to a mental hospital. The mental hospital was no fun, but my attitude got better. There, I developed an interest in the 50 states, but I also started hating it when people told me to ignore of walk away from someone who's bullying me. And I still hate the word "reaction" (unless you mean it as in "chemical reaction"). Almost a year after I started, I discharged from the state hospital. I went to a new school near Salt Lake City. That was where I met two women named "Alyssa". One was Jewish, and the other was from Mississippi (I called Mississippian Alyssa "Alississippi!"). I am now 15 (almost 16) years old and I still am afraid of the vacuum, but it's in the basement because it doesn't work anymore. I am also afraid of tornadoes because of the dark clouds. I now go to school in West Valley City. Oh, and one more thing: Don't forget to wear blue, tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment